How do I buy a dog online safely?
How to Safely Buy a Puppy Online
- Step 1: Educate yourself. 1000’s of quality breeders use NextDayPets.com.
- Step 2: Protect yourself when buying online.
- Step 3: Initiate communication with the seller.
- Step 4: Interview the seller.
- Step 5: Purchase safely.
Is it OK to buy a dog without papers?
Many purebred puppies are offered for sale without registration papers, or with registration papers but no pedigree. These sellers will tell you that you don’t need papers/pedigree if you just want a pet. Excessive inbreeding is one reason that so many purebred dogs are unhealthy or mentally unstable.
What is the best way to buy a dog?
Where to get a puppy
- Consider adoption first.
- Find a responsible breeder and visit the premises.
- Don’t get a puppy from a pet store.
- Don’t believe promises that puppies are “home-raised” or “family-raised”
- Avoid the temptation to “rescue” a puppy mill dog by buying them.
- Do your part: Pledge to help stop puppy mills!
Is it a good idea to get a dog?
If you work 9–5 and live alone, getting a dog is not a good idea. Even if you can afford to pay for your dog to go to doggy daycare for 8+ hours everyday while you’re at work, it’s not fair on the dog. A dog sees himself as your companion. Dogs age and like humans, they need special care when they are elderly.