- How much does it cost to ship a dog by air?
- How do you ship a dog by air?
- How much does it cost to fly a dog without you?
- Can you send a dog on an airplane alone?
- Can FedEx Ship dogs?
- Can I buy my dog a plane ticket?
- What airlines ship dogs?
- Is it safe for dogs to fly in cargo?
- What is the best way to ship a dog?
Shipping a pet by airplane typically costs $70-$1,000 each way, depending on the pet’s size and distance traveled.
How much does it cost to ship a dog by air?
The cost to ship a dog depends on the distance and needs of the dog. The average cost to ship a dog within 300 miles is $120 to $250. For longer distance shipments, the average cost is $270 to $500. Check out our cost-to-ship index, for more specific details on dog shipments completed through the uShip marketplace.
How do you ship a dog by air?
When shipping your pet by air, you will need a kennel. The kennel should allow your pet to stand up, turn around, and lie down comfortably. If you are taking your pet in the cabin, and not shipping him or her as cargo, the kennel will need to be able to fit under your chair.
How much does it cost to fly a dog without you?
Example Estimate: Flying one small dog (like a Chihuahua) domestically via cargo with a pet-friendly airline, will likely cost between $275 USD to $300 USD. Larger dogs’ airfreight (like a Great Dane) can go up to around $1000 USD for a domestic move, especially if you have a custom kennel.
Can you send a dog on an airplane alone?
Some airlines allow passengers to carry their pets in the cabin of a plane if your pet is capable of fitting in an airline-compliant pet carrier under the seat in front of you. If your pet is a very large animal or something other than a cat or dog or is traveling alone, it will travel as manifest air cargo.
Can FedEx Ship dogs?
FedEx. However, FedEx Express does not accept live-animal shipments as part of its regular-scheduled service and does not transport household pets such as dogs, cats, birds and hamsters.
Can I buy my dog a plane ticket?
A dog doesn’t need an airline ticket, per se; the dog won’t be assigned its own seat. But for passengers who want to travel with their pets, airlines do charge pet fees. The fee is separate from your own ticket. Expect to pay anywhere from $100 to $200 each way.
What airlines ship dogs?
- American Airlines. American Airlines accepts most dogs for cargo shipment, excluding those that are stub-nosed, such as boxers, mastiffs and pugs, as well as pets that have been sedated before the flight.
- Continental. Continental Airlines accepts dogs as cargo as part of its PetSafe program.
- United Airlines.
Is it safe for dogs to fly in cargo?
Undeniably, cargo is the more dangerous option for pet travel. The safest way for any animal to fly is in the cabin as carry-on luggage, provided that’s an option. Pets must remain in their carriers for the duration of the flight, and so should be able to stand up and turn around comfortably inside them.
What is the best way to ship a dog?
You have 4 primary methods for shipping your dog: auto, ground shipping, airlines, and a professional shipping service.
- Your dog flies with you in the cabin of the plane.
- Your dog flies on your plane but in the cargo area.
- Your dog flies unaccompanied by you in the cargo area.