The key to safe travel for pets is booking with airlines that have developed cargo programs to make them more “pet-friendly.” BEFORE: Climate-controlled waiting area where pets are kept after they are checked in for their flights.
DURING: Climate-controlled & pressurized cargo hold inside the plane.
How much does it cost to ship a puppy on a plane?
Typical costs: Shipping a pet by airplane typically costs $70-$1,000 each way, depending on the pet’s size and distance traveled.
How do you ship a puppy on a plane?
How to Ship a Puppy in a Plane
- Schedule an appointment for your puppy with your veterinarian no more than 10 days before the flight.
- Purchase an airline-approved crate/carrier for your puppy, one that is made of hard plastic with metal mesh panels at the sides and a metal mesh door at the front of the carrier.
Is it safe to have a puppy shipped?
Pets might also be shipped if they’re ordered from a breeder across the country, or if they’re heading off to show their merits at a dog or cat show. Some animals headed for zoos also travel this way. Surely it’s not safe for an animal to be shipped from place to place like cargo, you’re thinking.
Is it safe to fly a puppy on a plane?
Airlines have strict regulations regarding bringing your pet in the cabin. They are almost always required to stay in their kennel, under the seat in front of you. If they’re too big, it can be really uncomfortable for them. Make sure you have a soft shell carrier that is the correct dimensions to fit.
Can you fly with an 8 week old puppy?
Most airlines within the US require the puppy be at least 8 weeks old to fly, though the age requirements may vary from one airline to another.
Which airline is the most pet friendly?
Most Pet Friendly US Airlines
- Southwest Airlines: Best for Cheap Pet Fees.
- JetBlue: Best for Pet Amenities.
- Allegiant Air: Best for Pet Check-in Process.
- Frontier Airlines: Best for Unique Pets in Cabin.
- Alaska Airlines: Best for Unique Pets in Checked Baggage.
- Hawaiian Airlines: Best for Inter-Island Flights in Hawaii.