Working with veterinarians
- Negotiate a payment plan with your vet.
- Offer to perform a service for your vet like cleaning kennels, answering phones or other work in lieu of cash.
- Get a second opinion.
- Use a vet in a less expensive area.
- Check out local veterinary schools.
What to do when you cant afford vet care?
When You Can’t Afford Veterinary Care
- Choose pet insurance.
- Get a Credit Line.
- Ask for payment options.
- Consider crowdfunding.
- Host a group yard sale.
- Use free or low cost clinics.
- Ask friends or family.
- Start a pet savings account.
How much does it cost to put a dog under for surgery?
Cost of General Anesthesia in Dogs
Thus the fee for an anesthetic can range widely from a basic $90 up to $1,000 for a high-risk patient with the most sophisticated monitoring and a fully qualified veterinary anesthetist in attendance.
How can I get my dog to pay for surgery?
Here’s a look at several different options for paying those veterinary bills:
- Ask about vet payment plans.
- Ask for a written estimate.
- Visit a teaching hospital.
- Look into CareCredit.
- Look into regional assistance programs.
- Check out crowdfunding sources.