What is the best pet for a beginner?
These pets are excellent options for first-timers, offering both convenience and adorableness.
- Rodent. Guinea pigs, gerbils and rats are all rodents that are perfect pets for beginners.
- Gecko (Leopard or Crested)
- Freshwater Fish.
What age should you get your first pet?
Primary School (Ages 5+)
Introduce gerbils or hamsters to children aged eight or older. Dogs should not be introduced until children are at least five, if not older. Kids should be ready to take on responsibilities, just like with school and chores, which include exercising the animals and pet bathroom needs.
What is the best pet for a teenager?
The 9 best pets for kids — and how to choose one
- Dog. No two dogs are the same, so take your time and find a good match.
- Cat. As any cat lady will tell you, cats are independent creatures.
- Rabbit. Rabbits are active and social, and they need plenty of stimulation or they can potentially get bored and destructive.
- Guinea pig.
What is a good first pet for a 7 year old?
Some great pets for your 7-year-old include ants, fish, ferrets, guinea pigs, rats, mice, hamsters, gerbils, rabbits, chinchillas, reptiles, cats, and dogs. Some animals have very different care needs, so it is important to do some homework on each option before making your final decision.