According to petcomments.com
View 5+ moreView 5+
What is the best pet bird to have?
- Cockatiels along with budgies make a great first time parrot.
- African greys are highly intelligent.
- Cockatoos are lively birds and suited for more experienced owners.
- Macaws are better for more experienced parrot owners.
- Sun conures are beautiful birds.
What is the easiest pet bird to take care of?
Top Three ‘Starter’ Birds
- Finch. Finches are great, inexpensive and easy to care for, though it is best to get them in pairs, as they enjoy feathery companions.
- Canary. The canary has long since been phased out of the coal mine.
- Budgerigar. The budgie, also known as the parakeet, is actually the world’s second smallest parrot.
What is the most cuddly bird?
Lavish certain types of birds with attention and you could have a cuddly companion for many years.
- Cockatoos. Cockatoos, with their fancy mohawk hairdos, are generally considered the most affectionate pet birds.
- Green Wing Macaw.
What is the best bird for a first time owner?
Good Beginner Species to Consider
Other members of the parrot family that you might want to consider as a first-time bird owner would be lovebirds, pionus parrots, poicephalus parrots, parrotlets, Quaker parrots, and grey-cheeked parakeets.
What is the easiest parrot to own?
The Best Parrots for Beginners
- Parakeets. Colorful, pint-sized, affectionate and affordable are some of the parakeet qualities that make them excellent starter parrots for beginners.
- Cockatiels. Cockatiels are small- to medium-sized parrots that rival parakeets in popularity.
- Green-Cheeked Conures.
Is it cruel to keep birds as pets?
A smaller bird, finch or canary sized, should have a cage big enough to fly in. It’s no more cruel to keep a pet bird than it is to keep a pet dog, and I can tell you for a fact that pet birds are (for the most part) less stressed, and more satisfied and happy than the same birds in the wild.