If buying your dog through a breeder is not in your budget, consider adopting a dog through one of your local animal shelters or rescue groups.
If you are not sure where to start looking, talk to your veterinarian and other dog owners for reputable animal shelters and rescue groups in your area.
How long does it take to buy a dog?
Large breed dogs can take up to 18 months to reach their full size, but there are some that come close to full size within six months to a year. When it comes to large breeds, there are some issues pet owners should be aware of before selecting a dog of this size.
Where should you buy a dog from?
Buying a dog or puppy
Some people want to get a purebred puppy and think their only option is to go to a local pet store or dog breeder near them. That’s certainly one way to get a purebred dog or puppy, but many people don’t realize that sometimes purebred dogs and puppies end up in shelters and need homes as well.
What is the best way to buy a puppy?
Where to get a puppy
- Consider adoption first.
- Find a responsible breeder and visit the premises.
- Don’t get a puppy from a pet store.
- Don’t believe promises that puppies are “home-raised” or “family-raised”
- Avoid the temptation to “rescue” a puppy mill dog by buying them.
- Do your part: Pledge to help stop puppy mills!
How do I buy a dog online safely?
How to Safely Buy a Puppy Online
- Step 1: Educate yourself. 1000’s of quality breeders use NextDayPets.com.
- Step 2: Protect yourself when buying online.
- Step 3: Initiate communication with the seller.
- Step 4: Interview the seller.
- Step 5: Purchase safely.
How long until a dog is full grown?
about 18 months
How many months until a dog is full grown?
12 to 18 months