The following are the best dog breed picks for families, according to experts.
- Bernese Mountain Dog. Why It’s a Winner: Berners are known to be easygoing and very devoted.
- Bichon Frise and Havanese.
- Golden Retriever and Labrador Retriever.
- Standard Poodle.
What kind of dog is best for your family?
Here are the 10 best dogs for kids and families:
- Bulldog. For a devoted, patient pup that’s sure to act affectionately towards the kids, the Bulldog is your go-to breed.
- Bull Terrier.
- Irish Setter.
Is a dog right for my family?
If everyone in the family is on a tight schedule and the house is often empty, a dog is probably not the right pet for you. Because domesticated dogs aren’t with their packs, they look to a family to fulfill that role, and dogs that are left alone too long or too often may act out in unexpected (and unwanted) ways.
How do I find the right dog for my family?
To choose the right dog for your family, consider getting an energetic breed, like a Labrador retriever, if you love exercising. Alternatively, consider getting a less energetic breed, like an English Bulldog, if you spend most of your time inside.
Which dog is good for home?
Top 10 family friendly dog breeds
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. The Cavalier is a truly sweet-natured, gentle breed making a wonderful addition to the family home, particularly with young children.
- Labrador Retriever.
- Bichon Frise.
- Shih Tzu.
- Border Terrier.