- How do I surrender my pet?
- Where can I take my dog to give away?
- Will Petco take unwanted pets?
- Where can I take an unwanted cat?
- Does it cost money to surrender an animal?
- Is there a fee to drop a dog off at the shelter?
- Can I give my dog away for free?
- How do I get rid of my dog I don’t want?
- Will my dog miss me if I give her away?
- Does Petco take unwanted fish?
- Can you drop pets off at PetSmart?
- Does Petco take unwanted turtles?
- Will my cat Miss Me When I give him away?
- How do you get rid of cats?
- What do you do with a cat you don’t want?
- What to do with a dog you can no longer keep?
- How do you get rid of an unwanted cat?
- How do I give up my dog?
How do I surrender my pet?
Call 952-HELP-PET (952-435-7738) to schedule an appointment to surrender your pet.
Surrendering a pet
- A driver’s license or other government issued ID.
- Your pet’s surrender form.
- Your pet’s veterinary records.
- Your pet’s surrender fee, listed below.
Where can I take my dog to give away?
Surrendering your pet to a shelter
If you are not able to find a home on your own, surrendering your pet to a humane society, animal rescue, or municipal animal shelter is a viable option. Consider each organization’s surrender and adoption policies before you give up your dog or cat.
Will Petco take unwanted pets?
Petco does not sell cats or dogs. Either way, Petco’s policy is not to turn away an animal it has adopted or sold out. If you cannot keep your rabbit for example, Petco will take the animal back and try to rehome it.
Where can I take an unwanted cat?
Helping Abandoned, Stray Cats and Kittens
- Make sure the cat or kitten has food, water, and shelter.
- Call your local animal shelter or humane agency for guidance.
- List the cat in your local “found” lists.
- Report abandoned pets to your local law enforcement agency.
- Try to find the abandoned cat a home.
Does it cost money to surrender an animal?
The surrender fee for all owned dogs, cats and critters or owned litters of puppies or kittens under 6 months is $75. An appointment is required to surrender your pet.
Is there a fee to drop a dog off at the shelter?
Many shelters charge a fee for pet drop-offs. However, there are some places that accept surrendered pets for free. You will need to research the various shelters in your area to see what fees are charged. Simply dropping a pet off at the shelter when it’s closed is a bad idea.
Can I give my dog away for free?
Places to Surrender Your Dog Free or Nearly Free
As a rule, shelters are typically managed and operated at the local level. Different shelters have different policies regarding surrendered dogs. Some will take any dog presented to them, without charging any fees.
How do I get rid of my dog I don’t want?
Make sure your dog has been to the vet recently and that you follow the vet’s recommendations. If you cannot find a home, foster arrangement, or rescue group that can take your dog, you may need to surrender your dog to the local public animal shelter or to animal control.
Will my dog miss me if I give her away?
Your dog will most likely miss you for a bit if you give him away. But, if you’re sending your dog to a new, equally loving home, his love is sure to grow and include the members of his new family.
Does Petco take unwanted fish?
Petco, Pet World Warehouse Outlet, and Pet Supermarket all accept fish surrenders. Doctors’ offices and schools may take a pet donation, or you can post the fish on Craigslist or Facebook.
Can you drop pets off at PetSmart?
Answer: No. PetSmart is not a pet shelter, and they do not have a policy of taking in unwanted animals. If you take it there they will only refer you to your local animal shelters and turn you away.
Does Petco take unwanted turtles?
Petco, the pet products chain, has launched a “turtle relinquishment program” aimed at both curbing illness and giving the rejected reptiles new homes. Though the CDC warning applies to the smallest turtles, Petco will accept turtles of any size, Burch said.
Will my cat Miss Me When I give him away?
Having direct experience with animals daily, I believe strongly based on my own observation and experience that yes, cats do miss their people when the people give them away, abandon them or die. They absolutely do.
How do you get rid of cats?
Put out fragrances that keep cats away.
Scatter fresh orange or lemon peels. Wet coffee grounds—which you may be able to get for free from coffee houses and fast food chains—and metal pans filled with vinegar also deter cats. an out-of-the-way spot in your yard.
What do you do with a cat you don’t want?
Don’t drop them off at a shelter or vet; you are responsible for their lives, even if you don’t like them much. Find them a home. If you don’t like him put him up for adoption to a CARING animal charity which keeps the animal until adopted.
What to do with a dog you can no longer keep?
Rehoming: What to Do If You Can’t Keep Your Dog
- Tip #1: Talk to Your Dog’s Breeder or Rescue Group.
- Tip #2: Spread the Net Wide.
- Tip #3: Buy Time If You Can.
- Tip #4: Help for Service Members.
- Tip #5: Check Out Potential Adopters.
- Breaking the Adoption Contract.
- Rehoming a Dog with Behavior Problems.
How do you get rid of an unwanted cat?
The most effective way to get rid of cats long-term is to first trap them so you can take them to be neutered or spayed. Buy a humane plastic or metal cat box trap with a door, and bait it with tuna, sardines, or cat food. Place the box trap near where the cats regularly feed and cover it with a blanket.
How do I give up my dog?
Here are options to consider when you must give up your dog:
- Return her to the breeder, shelter, or rescue group you acquired her from.
- Place her with a trusted friend or family member.
- Advertise for someone to adopt her.
- Take her to a good shelter or rescue.
- Have her euthanized.