From the West to the East Coast and from Europe to Japan, here are 13 places dog lovers will love to visit.
- The Dog Café — Los Angeles, California.
- Dog Beach — San Diego, California.
- The Tompkins Square Halloween Dog Parade — New York City.
- Museum Of The Dog — St.
- The Westminster Dog Show — New York City.
Can you visit a dog shelter?
Now, in most cases, you’ll be ready to bring your animal home. However, there are many shelters that make individuals wait a period of time after visiting before they release the pet to them. Although not common, some will request a home visit.
Where can I take my dog if I can no longer keep him?
If you still can’t keep your dog
Another option is to surrender your dog to the local council or an animal shelter / rescue organisation. This decision to surrender your dog to a pound or shelter not be taken lightly. Staff at pounds and shelters do their best to rehouse dogs, and do find homes for most of them.
Where can I go to see puppies?
Here’s where you’ll find the fluffiest, friendliest, and most adorable animals in London.
- Horniman Museum & Gardens. Photo: @hornimanmuseumgardens.
- Hackney City Farm.
- Battersea Dogs and Cats Home.
- Kentish Town City Farm.
- London Wetland Centre.
- Vauxhall City Farm.
- ZSL London Zoo.
- Spitalfields City Farm.
How can I get a free dog?
- Fostering a dog: You can work with a local shelter or rescue and take a puppy or dog into your home on a limited basis.
- Visit or volunteer at a dog shelter or rescue: There are many nonprofit, no-kill shelters nationwide that are always looking for dependable and devoted volunteers.